With group coverage, the guidelines are as follows:
- There needs to be an employer-employee relationship.
- Employees need to work a minimum of 30 hours a week to receive benefits.
- The employer establishes a waiting period upfront, either 30, 60, or 90 days before benefits start.
- The employer must pay at least 50% of the employee-only premium.
- 75% of the eligible employees must participate.
- If employees are covered elsewhere they can waive coverage and that will not go against the employer’s participation.
At Employer Benefits Insurance we will work hard for you.
Call us today regarding any of your group coverage questions and needs: 775.786.6381
- HMO / PPO Plans
- Business Travel
- Long Term Care
- Employee Assistance Plans